Trayless product solutions keep things moving.
Automatically accumulate, collate, and wrap products in a bulls eye wrap
Unsupported Food Products
- Products with rigid primary packing; cans, cartons, cases, etc.
- Products with material strength capable of accommodating pallet loading flour, sugar, rice, dry beans, etc.
- Remove corrugate cost (case or tray)
- Remove adhesive or tape cost
Flight Bar Automatic
Reduce film use, consume less energy and shrink bundle products with ease. Bundle and shrink wrap a wide variety of supported or unsupported products with this flexible solution.
EDL’s Flight Bar Automatic shrink wrapping machine provides the best combination of product handling and throughput rates. Common applications include light weight products or small multi-packs which require substantial handling throughout the wrapping process.
Inline Automatic Shrink Wrap
Maximize your speed and efficiency, while maintaining package quality. Experience an Inline Automatic Shrink Wrap Machine.
Inline Automatic Shrink Wrap systems are EDL’s most flexible secondary packaging solution. These systems are be designed to shrink wrap a variety of products, including bundling and shrink wrapping cartons to shrink wrapping large windows in multiple package enclosures at low to moderate speeds.
Integrated Ancillary Equipment
Solving systems integration challenges.
EDL can provide total systems integration for our customers looking for a turn-key solution. EDL’s complete system engineering responsibility includes start to finish integration of systems from conveyors to palletizers and everything in between.
Semi-Automatic Wrapper handles trayed, trayless or padded products. When high quality packs are required but full automation is secondary.
The Semi-Automatic Wrapper (Monobloc Semi-Automatic) is a cost-efficient,secondary or end-of-line packaging solution for a wide range of applications. It is designed for reduced throughput rates and requires operator loading of product and activation of each wrapping sequence. This versatile system can be quickly and easily integrated into existing production lines.
Side Feed Automatic
The versatile Side Feed Automatic shrink wrapping equipment is easily integrated into your existing production line. Turn, tier or invert collated products during infeed for correct orientation prior to wrapping.
EDL’s Side-Feed Automatic shrink wrapping equipment is designed to handle a wide variety of applications while providing a small footprint and flexible layout designs. This type of system is ideal for products that require collating or enter the system with the narrow edge leading. Multiple package enclosures are available.
Single Roll Wrapper
Fast, efficient throughput: Single Roll Wrappers offer the highest throughput for trayed and trayless applications.
EDL’s single roll wrapping systems offer our highest throughput rates typically from 20 -45 packs per minute. Common applications include trays of food or beverage product and collations of containers. The single roll wrapping system is based on an inline layout and can be easily integrated into an EDL up stream wrap around tray former. EDL single roll wrappers can run clear and print registered film.
Single Tight Wrapper
Single Tight Wrap Bundling gives you a tighter, better-looking package. Single Tight Wrap utilizes EDL’s tight wrap technology to provide a superior wrapped product.
EDL’s single tight wrap bundling machine uses Tight Wrap technology to reduce film and energy consumption. Single Tight Wrap can replace traditional shrink bundling systems in certain applications and can also be an alternative to strapping, gluing and PVC shrink sleeves.
Heavy-duty, reliable and tailored to your product and package
- High temperature rated Habasit conveyor belt
- Dual shell tunnel hood design
- Ceramic fiber insulation between exterior and interior hood shells
- Ceramic fiber mat insulation between hood assembly and tunnel frame
- Direct drive overhead hot air recirculation blower
- Silicone tunnel entrance and exit curtains
- Film cooling fans at exit
Contact us to learn more about the shrink tunnel machine.
Trayless Shrink Packaging Style Options
- Random printed or print registered film can be utilized to display graphics
- Film perforation units for easy-open packs, enables pack to remain in tact after partial content removal
- Pack-dividing film perforations enable larger packs to be broken down into smaller packs
- Product stacking or tiering options are available
Features and Benefits
- Eliminates costly corrugated or chip board packaging
- Designed and engineered to use minimal material and energy
- Systems are designed with the customer’s requirements in mind and are custom engineered
- Enables unstable products to be packaged without a tray or pad
- Custom engineered to meet product requirements
- Unitizes and protects the product with 1.25-3 mil polyethylene film (depending on application)
- Enhances the product with optional random printed or print registered film
- Clear, tinted or printed polyethylene film
- Full range of closures: total, partial, tuck and fold
The EDL Packaging Engineers Guarantee
- Performance Guarantee ensures EDL machines will perform as specified. All machines are thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Equipment Warranty provides a full two-year warranty on parts (equipment warranty excludes consumables)
Don't See What You're Looking For?
Find other custom packaging solutions from our other companies.
Standard and custom end-of-line packaging equipment including case erecting, case packing, robotics, palletizing, product placing, and flexible packaging.
Fully and semi-automatic liquid filling systems allowing for true "Pipe to Pallet" packaging operations. Serving the paint/coatings, chemical, lubricant and food industries.