Unitize, contain, and protect your bagged products.
EDL is the industry leader in tight wrap technology – the only end-of-line solution for gable-top bags.
- EDL Double-Tight Wrap systems produce durable, brick-like packs of consistent size and shape that can be palletized with no product overhang.
- Gables are folded over in a very controlled manner and are kept folded protecting the bag and ensuring the integrity of the bundle.
- Double-Tight Wrap systems provide total enclosure for bundles of plastic bags without risk of lamination or distortion.
- Clear, tinted, opaque, or random printed film can be used.
- Provides up to 30% film cost savings over traditional shrink wrap systems.
Double Tight Wrap
Double Tight Wrap Shrink Wrapping Machines: Get unitization, stability, protection, and product visibility.
EDL’s Double Tight Wrap shrink wrapping machine is the packaging industry’s gold standard in tight wrap technology.
EDL Double Tight Wrap shrink wrapping machines use two perpendicular bands of LDPE film to tightly unitize and totally enclose a product or collation. Common applications include gable-topped bagged and pouch products and cube-shaped products requiring total enclosure. Markets have benefited include pet food, food service consumables, and food.
Integrated Ancillary Equipment
Solving systems integration challenges.
EDL can provide total systems integration for our customers looking for a turn-key solution. EDL’s complete system engineering responsibility includes start to finish integration of systems from conveyors to palletizers and everything in between.
Heavy-duty, reliable and tailored to your product and package
- High temperature rated Habasit conveyor belt
- Dual shell tunnel hood design
- Ceramic fiber insulation between exterior and interior hood shells
- Ceramic fiber mat insulation between hood assembly and tunnel frame
- Direct drive overhead hot air recirculation blower
- Silicone tunnel entrance and exit curtains
- Film cooling fans at exit
Contact us to learn more about the shrink tunnel machine.
The EDL Packaging Engineers Guarantee
- Performance Guarantee ensures EDL machines will perform as specified. All machines are thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Equipment Warranty provides a full two-year warranty on parts (equipment warranty excludes consumables)
Don't See What You're Looking For?
Find other custom packaging solutions from our other companies.
Standard and custom end-of-line packaging equipment including case erecting, case packing, robotics, palletizing, product placing, and flexible packaging.
Fully and semi-automatic liquid filling systems allowing for true "Pipe to Pallet" packaging operations. Serving the paint/coatings, chemical, lubricant and food industries.