Bagged – Flat Top
Bundling bagged products is an EDL specialty.
EDL has designed, developed and manufactured a variety of systems to bundle flat-topped bags.
- Multiple system types available to bundle flat-topped bags.
- Flexible packaging and bundling configurations to maximize system investment.
- Tight wrap technology produces durable, brick-like packs of consistent size and shape that can be palletized with no product overhang and provide up to 30% film cost savings over traditional shrink wrap systems.
- Tight wrap systems bundle plastic bags without risk of lamination or distortion.
- Optional tuck and fold wrapping method eliminates the need for a shrink or heat tunnel.
- Systems can be configured for Class II Division II Group G environments
Continuous Motion Inline Automatic Wrap
EDL’s Continuous Motion Wrapper handles many supported and unsupported products. Wrap random sized packs when using the same film width and enjoy optional automatic film splicing.
EDL’s Continuous Motion Inline Automatic wrap systems are a faster, modified version of the base inline automatic system. The servo controlled, continuous-motion seal jaw moves with the product during the seal process for increased line speeds. Continuous motion inline automatic wrap systems can be designed to handle a wide range of applications, and is capable of wrapping up to 35 packs per minute.
EDL has experience manufacturing tailored secondary and end-of-line packaging machines for the automotive industry.
Single Tight Wrapper
Single Tight Wrap Bundling gives you a tighter, better-looking package. Single Tight Wrap utilizes EDL’s tight wrap technology to provide a superior wrapped product.
EDL’s single tight wrap bundling machine uses Tight Wrap technology to reduce film and energy consumption. Single Tight Wrap can replace traditional shrink bundling systems in certain applications and can also be an alternative to strapping, gluing and PVC shrink sleeves.
Heavy-duty, reliable and tailored to your product and package
- High temperature rated Habasit conveyor belt
- Dual shell tunnel hood design
- Ceramic fiber insulation between exterior and interior hood shells
- Ceramic fiber mat insulation between hood assembly and tunnel frame
- Direct drive overhead hot air recirculation blower
- Silicone tunnel entrance and exit curtains
- Film cooling fans at exit
Contact us to learn more about the shrink tunnel machine.
The EDL Packaging Engineers Guarantee
- Performance Guarantee ensures EDL machines will perform as specified. All machines are thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Equipment Warranty provides a full two-year warranty on parts (equipment warranty excludes consumables)
Learn More About Our Other Companies
Find other custom packaging solutions from our other companies.
Standard and custom end-of-line packaging equipment including case erecting, case packing, robotics, palletizing, product placing, and flexible packaging.
Fully and semi-automatic liquid filling systems allowing for true "Pipe to Pallet" packaging operations. Serving the paint/coatings, chemical, lubricant and food industries.
Builds superior quality packaging machines including bottle Unscramblers, Cappers, Orienters, Retorquers, Lidders, Scoop Feeders, Pluggers and more.