Protect your product, keep its integrity, and withstand shipping and handling.
For unique applications where speed and efficiency are the top priority.
EDL’s Forming Shoe packaging machine utilizes a unique wrapping technique that produces a totally enclosed pack. Product, typically a stacked, nested or tightly wound material, is driven through a shoe where film is fed around it until it is totally enclosed. Forming shoe systems can incorporate a shrink tunnel depending on the application.
Forming Shoe Packaging Machine Features
- Inline or side feed layouts available
- Packaging machine be used with a printed film
- Commonly used for food service consumables
- Can offer reduced film consumption compared to other forms of total enclosure (application dependent)
- Throughput rates range from 5-10 packs per minute (application dependent)
Packaging Machine Attributes
- Heavy-duty welded tubular steel frame with powder coat finish
- Single-roll film system (center-folded), 20” diameter capacity is common
- Teflon-coated, constant-heat seal jaw with tight wrap technology
- Driven pack transfer pusher
- Underside hot air lap sealer
- Category III safety switches
- High-efficiency shrink tunnel (optional)
Packaging Machine Enclosure Types
- Total enclosure (shrink)
- Total enclosure (no shrink, “bagged”)
The EDL Packaging Engineers Guarantee
- Performance Guarantee ensures EDL machines will perform as specified. All machines are thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Equipment Warranty provides a full two-year warranty on parts (equipment warranty excludes consumables)
See EDL forming shoe packaging machines wrapping product!
Inline Automatic Forming Shoe: Insulation (SV302)
Automatic inline forming shoe replaces manual bagging of rolled insulation. Material is driven thru forming shoe creating a total enclosure with no shrink.
Inline Forming Shoe: Rolls of Roofing Material (SV259)
The EDL Inline Automatic packaging machine with forming shoe and roll advancing table wrapping rolls of roofing material.
Forming Shoe (Semi-Automatic): Stacks of Thermoformed Trays(SV184)
EDL tight wrap forming shoe packaging machine wrapping stacks of styrofoam plates into a total enclosure.
12 Quick Facts About Secondary Packaging
We’ve compiled a list of facts about secondary packaging to help those newer to the industry learn more and to give packaging veterans a quick refresher.
Learn more about EDL’s end-of-line packaging solutions