Provides technical support by installing and servicing machines at customer's sites while meeting or exceeding standards for quality, productivity and safety. Coordinates service and warranty issues for customers to ensure they are resolved.
- Manages on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Provides in-house technical support
- Able to work from diagrams, prints, specs and schematics to correctly assemble components that have close fit relationships
- Works with mechanical design team & electrical control personnel and customers to ensure that machines meet all requirements
- Participates in machine start ups and FAT testing prior to machine shipments
Education: Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology, Automation, Automotive or comparable experience preferred. 1-2 yrs demonstrated experience in packaging manufacturing industry or related technical field.
Skills: Excellent trouble shooting skills, strong understanding of pneumatic, vacuum and lubrication systems and a general understanding of electrical control devices (i.e. sensors, solenoid valves, VFDs, Servo drives, and PLCs)
Travel required 50 - 75% for installations, training, and preventative maintenance. When not traveling, EDL technicians will work in either electrical or mechanical assembly as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Green Bay, WI