Get unitization, stability, protection, and product visibility.
EDL’s Double Tight Wrap shrink wrapping machine is the packaging industry’s gold standard in tight wrap technology.
EDL Double Tight Wrap shrink wrapping machines use two perpendicular bands of LDPE film to tightly unitize and totally enclose a product or collation. Common applications include gable-topped bagged and pouch products and cube-shaped products requiring total enclosure. Markets have benefited include pet food, food service consumables, and food.
Tight Wrap Shrink Bundling Features
- Multiple line layout options (“U” and “Z” layouts)
- Double film coverage protects damage-prone corners and edges and allows cost-effective, lighter film gauges to be used.
- Throughput up to 25 packs per minute
- Engineered for flexibility and future upgrades
- Commonly built with an easy to clean design for food/pet food environments
- 15-40% reduction in film consumption vs. tradition total enclosure shrink packaging
- 25-50% reduction in energy consumption vs. traditional shrink tunnels
Tight Wrap Shrink Wrap Machine Attributes
- Heavy-duty welded tubular steel frame with powder coat finish
- Two-roll film systems (single wound), 20” diameter capacity is common
- Frequently use dual active film cradles
- Pack-stabilizing clamps
- Teflon-coated, constant-heat seal jaws with tight wrap technology
- Category III safety switches
- High-efficiency heat tunnel
- Double tight wrap total enclosure (with minimal heat)
- Double tight band only (no heat)
The EDL Packaging Engineers Guarantee
- Performance Guarantee ensures EDL machines will perform as specified. All machines are thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Equipment Warranty provides a full two-year warranty on parts (equipment warranty excludes consumables)
See EDL Double Tight Wrap shrink bundling packaging machines!
Double Tight Wrap: Bags of Beans (SV179)
Shrink wrap machine bundling bags of beans.
Double Tight Wrap: Molded Fiber Cup Holders (SV228)
EDL Packaging's Double Tight Wrap shrink wrap machine bundling nested molded fiber cup holders with compression tamp.
Double Tight Wrap: Gable Top Bags of Petfood (SV277)
EDL double tight wrap shrink wrap machine (DTW7) bundling and wrapping 5 pound gable top bags of petfood into 1 x 5 bundles.
Dry-bean country, April 1, 2008
A new packaging line at L.H. Hayward runs 1-, 2- and 4-lb bags of dry beans of two vertical form/fill/seal machines.
Double Wrapping Improves Cardinal's Health, February 2004
Read how an EDL Flight bar help improve healthcare provider Cardinal Health's surgical kit operations.
Learn more about EDL’s end-of-line packaging solutions