Electrical Design Engineer
Primary Objective: Supports EDL’s expectations and project deadlines by performing general detailed electrical design and engineering functions while meeting or reducing budgeted time and costs.
Key Job Duties:
- Design, detail, update and modify electrical schematics, control cabinets, and pneumatic schematics.
- Details and designs schematics to make wiring as efficient as possible.
- Create and maintain drawing BOM’s and revision levels.
- Create and maintain pneumatic prints and layouts.
- Create prints for control cabinets and pdf prints for manuals.
- Plan and design repeat and “standard” machines.
- Use the business and CAD systems to find and track parts.
- Communicate with suppliers for technical support and obtaining vendor equipment models.
- Perform amperage and voltage calculations as well as control box heat rise calculations.
- Troubleshoot issues during the assembly of designs.
- Communicates with peers, team leader, supervisors, project leads, and management.
- Participates in and contributes to Massman’s lean manufacturing journey.
- Assists in other areas and performs additional tasks as needed.
Knowledge/Skills: AutoCAD Electrical and Autodesk Vault Professional
MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
Excellent print reading skills
General understanding of electrical components (i.e., fuses, drives, contactors, hmi’s)
Knowledge of electrical circuits, pneumatic circuits, UL and ANSI electrical standards preferred
Knowledge of lean manufacturing or continued improvement processes preferred
Experience and/or Other Requirements:
1-5 years’ experience in design of automated equipment
Packaging equipment design or experience preferred
1-5 years’ experience working in an OEM environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Must be able to move and/or lift up to 25 pounds
- Green Bay, WI
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field preferred